UNICEF donations [update]

Questions about VA Registration and Membership;
Pre-registration questions; Log in problems.

Moderator: Founder

Barthe Hogenboom
Flight Sim: FSX

Re: UNICEF donations [update]

Post by Barthe Hogenboom » Sat Apr 19, 2014 22:02

+1
0 x

Pierre Chassang
Flight Sim: Prepar3D

Post by Pierre Chassang » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:15

+1
0 x

If you want bring help to a man, don't give him fish, teach him fishing instead. (Chinese proverb)

Stefano Amatore

Post by Stefano Amatore » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:37

+1 ;)
0 x

Tom Weber

Post by Tom Weber » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:44

Here you go…..

Air-Child VA Flight Summary 1st Quarter of 2014
---------------------------------------------------------
Total Flights: 4,981
Total miles flown: 4,254,405 nm
Total hours flown: 11,337 hrs
------------------------------------
Total donations: 600.24 €

Dear pilots,
actually we have 21 sponsors who are supporting UNICEF via Air-Child. To raise the amount of the donation we have to find more sponsors! It is not just a question of more flights cause each sponsor has of course a maximum limit of his own donation. So we ask you kindly to help us to find more sponsors who are willing to support UNICEF through our Virtual Airline Air-Child. If you know any private person or company who is willing to participate please let us know. Please send a PM to Norbert Woeller. If Norbert does not answer immediately please be patient. You also may sent a PM to me or to Peter Schindler.

Kind Regards
Tom
0 x

Barthe Hogenboom

Post by Barthe Hogenboom » Wed Apr 23, 2014 14:41

Hi, thanks for the update Tom. That's not bad, 600 euros. You would have to knock on a lot of doors to raise 600 euros for a charity.

Maybe a stupid idea, but did anyone ever try MS, Bill Gates and/or his foundation? It's a pity MS discontinued FSX; otherwise they would surely be interested.

I understand we probably have to skip the maker of P3D. On the one hand Lockheed makes the fine C-130/L-100. Those planes are often used to bring food to disaster areas and to provide medical assistance and airlift. On the other hand Lockheed produces and sells weapons....

What about a site like flightsim.com? Would they be rich enough to donate or are they barely making up for their own hosting bills? I mean, everybody here knows that site. A bit off topic but I even saw an interview with Ricardo on fs.com! In case you missed it. :)
0 x

Tom Weber

Post by Tom Weber » Wed Apr 23, 2014 19:37

Barthe Hogenboom wrote:Hi, thanks for the update Tom. That's not bad, 600 euros. You would have to knock on a lot of doors to raise 600 euros for a charity.

Maybe a stupid idea, but did anyone ever try MS, Bill Gates and/or his foundation? It's a pity MS discontinued FSX; otherwise they would surely be interested.

I understand we probably have to skip the maker of P3D. On the one hand Lockheed makes the fine C-130/L-100. Those planes are often used to bring food to disaster areas and to provide medical assistance and airlift. On the other hand Lockheed produces and sells weapons....

What about a site like flightsim.com? Would they be rich enough to donate or are they barely making up for their own hosting bills? I mean, everybody here knows that site. A bit off topic but I even saw an interview with Ricardo on fs.com! In case you missed it. :)
Yes, there are several possibillities, but we need pilots who do the contacts.
Cheers Tom
0 x

Barthe Hogenboom

Post by Barthe Hogenboom » Wed Apr 23, 2014 20:20

Yes, there are several possibillities, but we need pilots who do the contacts.
Does someone here work for MS? That might help.
0 x

Morten Grandt

Post by Morten Grandt » Wed Apr 23, 2014 20:21

Tom Weber wrote:Here you go…..

Air-Child VA Flight Summary 1st Quarter of 2014
---------------------------------------------------------
Total Flights: 4,981
Total miles flown: 4,254,405 nm
Total hours flown: 11,337 hrs
------------------------------------
Total donations: 600.24 €
Hi Tom,

I appreciate your swift reply - thank you very much!

And furthermore, 600 € within 3 months is quite good :)

Best regards
Morten
0 x

Shawn Gray

Post by Shawn Gray » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:36

Barthe Hogenboom wrote:Hi, thanks for the update Tom. That's not bad, 600 euros. You would have to knock on a lot of doors to raise 600 euros for a charity.

All aircraft manufacturers sell weapons, lest we forget boeing makes the b52, Airbus division EADS makes the Eurofighter etc... probably MS and Lockheed, were they to donate to Unicef, have more than enough clout to do it in their own way. hit up the smaller fs developers and sites, the worst thing that can happen is they say no. personal donations are a part of it as well. may be the route I take, as soon as I check a few things out...
0 x

Barthe Hogenboom

Post by Barthe Hogenboom » Thu Apr 24, 2014 16:58

All aircraft manufacturers sell weapons
Not all of them of course, there are many small manufacturers that target only private pilots. But I agree, all big ones do. I was only mentioning Lockheed because they(or their subdivision) makes P3D. Boeing makes simulators but not software we could ever buy ourselves.

I see MS in a different light. Yes, they are also supplying to weapons manufacturers but so does Linux(the Linux guided gun-sight etc.) And many flightsim developers are involved in simulated weapons like Captain Sim is.

But, OK. Some small companies. UK2000, Flightaware(or are they big?), Carenado.

But it might be difficult, maybe there's some kind of screening by UNICEF needed before you could safely ask a company for donation.
0 x

Norbert Woeller

Post by Norbert Woeller » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:42

Hello all,

first thanx Tom once again.
Tom Weber wrote:...Please send a PM to Norbert Woeller. If Norbert does not answer immediately please be patient.
I want to explain this. Maybe some of you are knowing that I have a film production company. We are producing films for the german children TV broadcast channel. Since the end of oktober 2013 we are producing a new series wich is very time expensive. And the films for this series are made in countries all over the world, mostly in the wildernes like the desert or bush in Namibia or Kangaroo Island in Australia for example. There you have only at a few points an internet connection but mostly none internet connection. So yes, if you send me a mail or a PM, please be patient ;) Thank you.

Best regards
Norbert
0 x

Topic author
Peter Schindler

Post by Peter Schindler » Fri Oct 10, 2014 15:43

Here's the numbers for quarter 3/2014 (July to September):

Total Flights: 3,476
Total miles flown: 2,959,457 nm
Total hours flown: 7,866 hrs
--------------------------------------
Total donations: 557.64 €

Thanks to all our partners and private sponsors!!
0 x

Frank Kunath
Flight Sim: Prepar3DV4

Post by Frank Kunath » Fri Oct 10, 2014 20:11

Great, thx for your update
0 x
Kind Regrads, Frank
Windows 10 / 64Bit / Intel i7 4790K 4 x 4,0 GHz/ 16 GB DDR3 RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 4 GB/ P3D V3

Stefano Amatore

Post by Stefano Amatore » Fri Oct 10, 2014 20:44

Beautiful! ;)
0 x

Antonio Sessa

Post by Antonio Sessa » Sun Oct 12, 2014 21:44

yeahhhh!
0 x