I would like to take the time to let you know what is and will be happening this coming year.
In 2018 a lot has happened some of which you may have noticed other things you may not have.
- We upgraded to the Newest Forum Software (phpBB)
- A new Beta Area in the Forum was set up to streamline Beta testing
- Several new Aircraft have been added to the Fleet (GA as well as Heavy Tin)
- The Repaint List has been updated with available Repaints
- FSAcars has been discontinued as a PIREP Tool because it was causing errors in Flight Time Reporting.
- Work on the New Clientless Flight Reporting tool (Interated Piprep System) that will gather the Flight data using VATSIM/IVAO data feeds has been stopped as IPS is no longer maintained or supported
- We opened a few more Hubs the below graphic shows all current Hubs.
DGAA, EDDT, EDDM, EDDK (HQ), EKCH, ESSA, EGCC, EHAM, FACT, KJFK, LGAV, LOWW, LPLA, SCEL, VHHH, YSSY
- Finalizing the New Logo and new Liveries to freshen things up a bit.
- Beta Testing the new Flight Operations Center (FOC) will begin somewhere in the near future and last until the end of Q2/19 to fix any bugs that may have been found during Beta testing.
- Overhaul of the Website in a Development Environment to integrate the new FOC. (Q2-Q3/19)
- Release of the new Website and FOC to the Community (late Q3/19 - early Q4/19)
The Flight Operations Center is 92.6% Complete with a few things still needing to be re-coded to PHP 7.
In closing, I would like to say that
During the holiday season more than ever, our thoughts turn gratefully to those who have made our progress possible. And in this spirit, the Management at Air-Child would like to simply and sincerely say,
Thank you and Best Wishes for the remaining Holidays and a Happy New Year!