Moderator: Founder

Topic author
Christopher Bennett
Site Admin
Flight Sim: FSX

New Years Address & Seasons Greetings

Post by Christopher Bennett » Mon Dec 25, 2017 23:17

Hello everyone,

I would like to take the time to let you know what is and will be happening this coming year.

We are currently working on a new Logo to freshen up our CI and bring some new life into our liveries.
The New Flight Operations Center I was working to create will take a little longer than planned since a few Features did not turn out to be as I had imagined, so in turn, I will postpone the Beta Testing of the new FOC for a little longer while I finish on the source-code side of things.

For the new year here are a few things that are in the pipeline.
  • Finalizing the New Logo and new Liveries to freshen things up a bit. (Q1/18)
  • New Clientless Flight Reporting tool that will gather the Flight data using VATSIM/IVAO data feeds. (Q1/18)
  • Beta Testing the new Flight Operations Center (FOC) (rough guesstimate will be somewhere in Q2/18)
  • Overhaul of the Website in a Development Environment to integrate the new FOC. (Q2-Q3/18)
  • Release of the new Website and FOC to the Community (late Q3/18 - early Q4/18)
I know previously I was shooting for a Christmas to New Years release 2017/2018 but concerning Web Development no one came forward to lend a helping hand so, in turn, everything takes a little longer than expected.

In closing, I would like to say that

During the holiday season more than ever, our thoughts turn gratefully to those who have made our progress possible. And in this spirit, the Management at Air-Child would like simply and sincerely to say,

Thank you and Best Wishes for the Holiday Season and a Happy New Year!
2 x
Regards,

Chris Bennett

Barthe Hogenboom

Re: New Years Address & Seasons Greetings

Post by Barthe Hogenboom » Fri Dec 29, 2017 17:05

First of all; I hope you all had a nice Xmas and I wish you all a cheerful new year's celebration.

I didn't get to this before, I'm having a bit of the flu on and off and was quite busy with family.
Finalizing the New Logo and new Liveries to freshen things up a bit.
I'm looking forward to the new logo. I have made a new livery proposal but finishing it depends a lot on the new logo. I also had some new ideas in the meantime. I'm still aiming towards a simpler livery that pilots can apply themselves instead of endlessly complaining about a paint for plane X that doesn't exist. It's simply impossible to own all popular models and all their revision versions.

@Christopher: Just take your time. The site is working, pilots are flying.
1 x

Graham Dawson

Re: New Years Address & Seasons Greetings

Post by Graham Dawson » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:18

Happy New Year everyone. See you in the air in 2018!
1 x