MS Flight Sim related discussions, problem solving etc

Moderators: Founder, Forum Moderator

Topic author
Wim Mourits
Flight Sim: FSX

Simulation rate

Post by Wim Mourits » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:22

Hello,

Are we allowed to fligh with a higher simulation rate than 1 in Air Child VA?

Thanks and best regards,

wim
0 x
Image ...

Barthe Hogenboom
Flight Sim: FSX

Re: Simulation rate

Post by Barthe Hogenboom » Sat Mar 10, 2018 14:18

Hi, Wim.

You're allowed to increase sim rate when you're flying off-line(XAcars only). When you're using a network(VATSIM, IVAO, FSEconomy) the rules of the network precede.

A search on our own forum told me you can use time compression on VATSIM but you have to tell ATC at the start of your flight.

Please, please look at your XAcars report before sending it. I've read mixed stories about XAcars handling time compression.

Of course using 2 airports in between 2 points and is also an option. Then you can simply skip the boring part in between.
0 x

Jesco Freund
Flight Sim: X-Plane 11

Re: Simulation rate

Post by Jesco Freund » Sat Mar 10, 2018 19:19

I'm not aware of a rule forbidding time compression; however I would not recommend using it. The reason behind: the different simulator platforms handle it differently, and the ACARS plugins react differently to it. Seeing that we had plenty of issues in the past with incorrect PIREPs, I'd be cautious using any form of simulation rate tampering - be it FSX/P3D simulation speed, or one of X-Plane's time compression / ground speed increase (knowing for sure the latter one is not correctly captured by XACARS).
0 x